Important Tire and Route Information
The Tour de Fronds is a back-country route, beautiful, but remote. The Forest Service and BLM roads are mostly paved and fine for road bikes, but some of the route is chip-seal. We also recommend that you cycle with a partner and limit speed on the descents.
Daphne Grove, Eden Valley Metric Century, Arrastra Saddle, Cruiser Loop and Agness Pass
We recommend 25C to 32C tires as a minimum for comfort.
E-Bikes are allowed, but please be courteous to fellow riders who are self-powered when on the road.
Guidelines for a safe and enjoyable ride
On Forest Service Roads, riders must:
Ride single file
Ride to the right side of the lane
Not block traffic
Use shoulders to allow traffic to pass
Not wear headphones while riding
- Please call out your number if you are not stopping at a rest area.
- Ride Safely. Follow the Rules of the Road.
- Roads have been cleared, but stay alert to potential hazards present on the course: such as rocks, slides, branches.
- Look for signs ON and ALONG the road that mark the route.
- Traffic will be minimal, but be alert. Vehicles may be on the road.
- Slow down on downhill grades.
- GIVE YOUR BRAKES A BREAK!